A Skinnytaste.com recipe
Servings: 6 • Size: 1 1/2 cups • Points +: 7 pts • Smart Points: 6
Calories: 271 • Fat: 9 g • Carb: 26 g • Fiber: 3 g • Protein: 20 g • Sugar: 3 g
Sodium: 1064 mg • Cholesterol: 89 mg
For the Meatballs:
- 10 oz 93% ground turkey
- 2 tbsp seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
For the soup:
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans reduced sodium chicken broth (I used Swansons)
- 1 small Parmigiano-Reggiano rind (optional)
- 9 oz refrigerated spinach cheese tortellini (Buitoni)fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano for topping
Combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic, salt and parmesan cheese. Using your (clean) hands, gently mix all the ingredients well until everything is combined. Form small meatballs, about 1 tbsp each, you’ll get about 20 to 22.
In a large nonstick pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat. When melted, add the celery, onion, carrot & garlic. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
Add the chicken broth and parmesan rind and increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. When broth boils, season with black pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium and gently drop in the meatballs. Cook about 4 minutes.
Add the tortellini and simmer until cooked according to package directions, about 7 minutes.
Once cooked, remove the rind, and add the baby spinach. Stir to combine and serve topped with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano.