- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup couscous, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 10-inch spinach or sun-dried tomato wraps or tortillas
Active 40 m
Ready In 40 m
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in couscous and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine parsley, mint, lemon juice, oil, garlic, ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Toss chicken tenders in a medium bowl with 1 tablespoon of the parsley mixture and the remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt. Place the tenders in a large nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat until cooked though, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Cut into bite-size pieces when cool enough to handle.
- Stir the remaining parsley mixture into the couscous along with tomato and cucumber.
- To assemble wraps, spread about ¾ cup of the couscous mixture onto each wrap. Divide the chicken among the wraps. Roll the wraps up like a burrito, tucking in the sides to hold the ingredients in. Serve cut in half.
- Eat neat: Keeping the filling inside a wrap or burrito can be a challenge, especially if you’re on the go. That’s why we recommend wrapping your burrito in foil so you can pick it up and eat it without losing the filling, peeling back the foil as you go.