Ingredients – Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups finely diced red-skinned potatoes
- 1 cup diced red onion
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ cups chopped fresh spinach
Prep 30 m
Ready In 1 h
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the potatoes are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, cheese, milk, pepper and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir in spinach and the potato mixture. Divide the quiche mixture among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
- To make ahead: Individually wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, remove plastic, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on High for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Equipment: Muffin tin with 12 ( ½-cup) cups
- Serving size: 2 quiches each
- Per serving: 238 calories; 16 g fat(5 g sat); 1 g fiber; 11 g carbohydrates; 14 g protein; 59 mcg folate; 263 mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,251 IU vitamin A; 7 mg vitamin C; 177 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 494 mg sodium; 377 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (25% daily value)
- Carbohydrate Servings: ½
- Exchanges: ½ starch, ½ vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, ½ high-fat meat, 1 fat