0 Freestyle Points 211 calories
Chicken Taco Chili, made with chicken, beans, corn and tomatoes seasoned with taco seasoning is one of my most popular slow cooker recipes, which I just remade for Instant Pot after several requests! This recipe couldn’t be easier, made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- olive oil spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, not drained
- 1 (15.5-oz) can kidney beans, not drained
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (Rotel)
- 24 oz (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounce can chopped green chili peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the taco seasoning:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Press saute and spray the insert with oil, add the onion and stir, cooking until soft and golden, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Press cancel to prevent getting a burn notice, then deglaze the pot with 1/4 cup water.
- Add the chicken and season both sides with half of the taco seasoning.
- Add the beans, corn, green chilies, then finish with the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup water plus the remaining taco seasonings and gently stir without moving the chicken.
- Cover and cook high pressure 25 minutes. Natural release, then remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Return the chicken to the pot and mix to combine.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve. Makes about 11 cups.
Yield: 10 servings, Serving Size: 1 generous cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 0
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 211 calories
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 623mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Protein: 23g