This easy Fish Florentine recipe, made with a pan seared firm white fish served on a creamy bed of spinach feels like something you would order out in a fancy restaurant!
- 4 (5 oz) thick pieces of skinless white firm fish fillet (such as grouper, bass or halibut)
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 9 ounces fresh baby spinach (from two bags)
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese (I like Philadelphia)
- ¼ cup half & half cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of butter, red bell pepper and garlic and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add spinach season with a pinch of salt and pepper mix until the spinach wilts down.
- Add cream cheese, half & half and parmesan cheese mix well until cream cheese is melted and resembles creamed spinach.
- Heat a separate skillet on medium high heat, add remaining oil and butter.
- Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper and place on the hot pan.
- Cook 6 minutes on first side and flip fish over and cook other side an additional 5 minutes, until cooked through and browned.
- Divide the spinach mixture on the bottom of each plate and top with piece of fish.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 fish filet with scant 1/2 cup spinach
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 6
- Points +: 9
- Calories: 351 calories
- Total Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 43g
Read more at CLICK HERE