- 1/4 cup recuced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- 2 large plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 14-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Active – 30 min
Ready In – 30 min
- Combine salsa and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add turkey and cook, stirring often and crumbling with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans, cumin and chili powder; cook, stirring, until the tomatoes begin to break down, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in cilantro and 1/4 cup of the salsa mixture.
- Add lettuce to the remaining salsa mixture in the bowl; toss to coat. To serve, divide the lettuce among 4 plates, top with the turkey mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Per serving: 447 calories; 19 g fat(8 g sat); 10 g fiber; 27 g carbohydrates; 42 g protein; 191 mcg folate; 108 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 9277 IU vitamin A; 13 mg vitamin C; 216 mg calcium; 6 mg iron; 686 mg sodium; 1122 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (184% daily value), Vitamin C (53% dv), Zinc (51% dv), Folate (48% dv), Iron (33% dv), Potassium (32% dv), Calcium (22% dv), Magnesium (20% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat