- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- ½ avocado barely ripe or banana
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract I like Simply Organic
- 2 cups ice
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream and fresh mint optional
Add the first 7 ingredients (everything except the ice) to a blender container in the order listed. Cover and blend on high for 45 seconds, or until smooth.
Add the ice. Cover and blend on high 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ice down into the blades.
Pour into two glasses. Top with whipped cream and garnish with mint, if desired. Serve immediately.