By Jill Silverman Hough
Hands-on Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 2 lb Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1½-inch chunks
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt (TRY: Stonyfield Organic Smooth & Creamy Whole Milk Plain Yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill, plus small sprigs for garnish
- In a large saucepan or small stockpot on high, add potatoes and cauliflower and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until vegetables are very tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Drain vegetables and return to pot. Add yogurt and salt and mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in chopped dill and additional salt. To serve, transfer to a bowl and garnish with dill sprigs.
Nutrients per serving (1/2 cup cauliflower mashed potatoes): calories: 88, total fat: 1 g, sat. fat: 0.5 g, carbs: 18 g, fiber: 2 g, sugars: 3 g, protein: 3 g, sodium: 120 mg, cholesterol: 3 mg