1. Park further away. This one’s easy — just park your car at the far end of the lot and get some bonus steps on your way to and from your car.
2. Pace during your next phone call or TV show. A half-hour phone call or TV show can put you hundreds or thousands of steps closer to your goal. Or if you can’t get up from your desk during the day, try some deskercise moves at work.
3. Walk to somebody instead of emailing them. Is your co-worker across the building or campus? Go see them face to face instead of shooting them an email or text.
4. Partner up. Find a walking buddy and join forces. Establish a daily or weekly time to meet up and go for a walk.
5. Take a walk at lunch. When lunch is over, take a quick stroll around the block before going back to work. The fresh air will do you good.
6. Add some accountability. Post your goals on social media, or take on a personal challenge on any of your favorite fitness apps to keep yourself accountable to your goals.
7. Take the stairs. Avoid escalators and elevators and rack up some steps instead! By foregoing elevators, you’ll use less energy, and you’ll get a personal energy boost from the activity.
READ FULL ARTICLE HERE