- 1/2 cup jarred mild salsa
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 lb 93% ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces canned tomato sauce (1/2 can)
For the Salad:
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 4 lime wedges, for serving
- (optional) greek yogurt or sour cream
- Brown the turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well.
- Add the onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover.
- Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Divide the meat equally between the 4 meal prep containers.
- Meanwhile, while the meat is cooking, make the dressing: combine the salsa, olive oil and lime juice; transfer to 4 small containers.
- Divide the lettuce in 4 ziplock bags.
- Divide pico de gallo, sour cream or yogurt, if using and cheese in small containers. Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, remove the lettuce and containers, heat the meat then make a salad by placing the lettuce in a bowl or plate.
- Top with the meat, pico de gallo, cheese and finish with dressing.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 salad
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 7
- Points +: 8
- Calories: 312 calories
- Total Fat: 17.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 92.5mg
- Sodium: 905mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Protein: 28.5g
Read more at SKINNYTASTE