1 loaf multigrain bread with nuts 2 tablespoons coriander
2 tablespoons olive oil 2 tablespoons fennel seed
2 1/2 cups chopped onion 1/2 teaspoon ginger
6 ribs celery, chopped 1 teaspoon salt
1 green apple, cored and finely chopped 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
2 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken stock 3 tablespoons chopped sage leaves
3 tablespoons chopped thyme leaves 1/3 cup dried currants
1/8 teaspoon turmeric 1 egg white
3 tablespoons dry mustard Cooking spray
Prep Time: 25 min; Cook Time: 50 min Serves: 10
Per Serving: 98 Calories 279mg Sodium; 14g Carbs; 3g Fiber; 4g Fat; 1g Saturated Fat; 8g Sugars; 3g Protein
***Does not include nutritional info for bread***
1. Remove crusts from bread and cut into squares. Place in a large bowl.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onions, celery, and apple with 1 cup chicken stock. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine turmeric, mustard, coriander, fennel seed, ginger, and salt. Stir into onion mixture and combine with bread cubes. Add parsley, thyme, sage, and currants.
4. In a small bowl, whisk egg white into remaining 1 1/4 cups chicken stock. Pour stock over stuffing and stir until bread absorbs stock.
5. Coat the inside of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, then transfer stuffing to the dish.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover stuffing with aluminum foil and cook 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook another 20 minutes until stuffing is heated through and top is just browning.