Tender-crisp Boston lettuce makes the perfect low-calorie stand-in for traditional wraps in this healthy, gluten-free recipe. If you can’t find Boston lettuce, other types of greens, such as kale, cabbage or iceberg lettuce, will work too.
Makes: 4 servings Serving Size: 2 wraps each Active Time: Total Time:
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound small peeled and deveined raw shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1 cup julienned snow peas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves well.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, season with salt and cook, stirring often, until just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, vinegar and curry powder in a small bowl.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the sauce mixture and stir to combine. Serve in the lettuce leaves, topped with bell pepper, snow peas and basil.
Per serving: 156 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 162 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g total sugars; 22 g protein; 1 g fiber; 271 mg sodium; 387 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C 59%, Vitamin A 27%
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat