Fruity, moist and delicious, this banana and zucchini cake is loaded crushed pineapple and lightly sweetened with honey.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas, from 5 small
- 8 ounce zucchini, grated and squeezed well
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice, drained well
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz 1/3-less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To prepare frosting, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9x2-inch nonstick metal pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; stir well with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, oil, eggs, and vanilla; stir well. Add zucchini, banana and pineapple; mix well.
- Fold wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula until combined.
- Spoon batter into the sheet pan.
- Bake at 350F for about 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread frosting over the cake once cooled and cut into 16 pieces.
Yield: 16 servings, Serving Size: 1 slice
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 6
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 172 calories
- Total Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Sodium: 297.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 18g
- Protein: 3.5g
Read more at SKINNYTASTE