110 Calorie Crustless Veggie Quiche
A lightened-up, healthy crustless quiche with heavy flavor and only 110 calories per serving. Get creative and use your favorite vegetables and spices!
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced yellow squash (2 small or 1 very large)
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (2 small or 1 very large)
- 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped (or any color)
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ground thyme (or fresh chopped)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup milk1
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese2
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray and add sliced squash and zucchini, chopped pepper, roasted garlic, and thyme. A little pinch of salt and pepper, too. (The rest of the salt and pepper called for in the recipe goes into the egg mixture, so just use a pinch here). Stirring frequently, cook for 6-7 minutes or until veggies are tender. Spoon into a bowl and allow to cool as you prepare the egg mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie pan or square pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper together until thoroughly combined. Arrange veggies into the prepared pan. Top with shredded cheese, then pour the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is set and no longer jiggles. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before slicing and serving. This quiche makes great leftovers! Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Make it ahead: Baked quiche freezes well, up to 2 months. Thaw overnight and bake at 350F to warm up for 20 minutes, give or take.
- Recipe tested with both skim milk and unsweetened plain almond milk. Any milk will be OK.
- I used a blend reduced fat shredded cheddar and mozzarella. Use your favorite like goat cheese, feta, gouda, etc. If you aren’t watching your calories too much, increase to about 3/4 – 1 full cup. My fiancé loves it with a little more cheese!
Article Source – Click below!!